Friday, July 23, 2004

Checkin' in...

A few days have passed since I last wrote, sorry.  Let's see... our weekend started on Wed. this week (3-day one too!), Mike took us to a new Chinese restaurant and the kids did good and the food was great!  Thursday as I was on my way out the door to get my hair cut I ran downstairs to get a water from the other fridge... on my way down I realized something smelled "funny".  As I followed the odor I was horrified to discover that our freezer died and inside was rotten meat.  A LOT of rotten meat.  A while back we purchased 1/4 of a cow, so lots of steaks, roasts, hamburger, and we had just bought a bunch of ribs that were on a great sale.  Next time we decide to go buy any fraction of a cow, we are getting a brand new freezer beforehand!

My grandparents' 54th anniversary was yesterday, so we did a surprise dinner for them at my aunt's house.  That was fun, however I wasn't feeling well and so I spent most the time trying to cool down and rest.

Today we had a nice lunch with Grammy Sue and got to hear all about her recent trip to Maine.  I would love to go there some year, Mike mentioned last night that he thinks we should take a family trip there BY CAR.  K, maybe if we get/rent a nice big motor home... then I think I could deal with it. 

Right now Mike and the kids (except Josh) are out getting their hairs cut.  ;o)  Josh is trying to destroy the house as fast as he possibly can before they get back.  He loves "hats" and will find things to put on his head all the time.  Today it was a spatula, but it wouldn't stay on his head and so he left it on the kitchen floor.  Yesterday it was a washcloth, a strainer, a CD, an actual HAT and some of Katie's pants/shirts.  I have some pictures somewhere, I will have to go find them and post them here in a bit.

Tomorrow is my niece's 2nd b-day, "Happy Birthday Selah!" and it is also supposed to be one of the hottest days of the year.  I think the kids and I will hole up on my air-conditioned room and read books and perhaps I will make a fort for them to play in.  We are also due to begin the book "The Glorious Flight" tomorrow for the FIAR curriculum.  I have the book and the video, but need to prepare a bit more tonight so we have more to add to it. 

Off to find some pictures to post!

in God's grace,
Alicia 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home














free hit counter
God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com