Saturday, July 17, 2004

Kids, Weddings with "Ring Masters" and AC

Today our neighbors had the first part of their 2-day wedding in their back yard.  The nephew (he is I think 5yrs. old) of the lady who was getting married comes over here to play whenever he is visiting and so yesterday as they started to prepare for the wedding he came over with a few other relatives and then a few neighborhood kids joined in... I believe I counted a total of 10 kids running in & out and around the house!  
 
Today as they were cooking food outside and putting up tables & chairs - much to my dismay - they invited Katie & Jordan over to THEIR house while they SET UP for the wedding... I was soooooo worried my kids would do something to the wedding decor or just get in the way!  But they did great and were invited to stay for the wedding... that however did NOT happen... I just did not have enough nerves left for that! 
 
The little boy said that he wanted Jordan to come over and see him be the "ring master"... I wanted to see that for myself!!  LOL!  Our neighbors have been planning this wedding for a year now, last summer they had the big engagement party and since then they have spent many weekends sprucing up the place.  The wedding started today, with a ceremony for family and then tomorrow the friends get to come over for another ceremony.  I got to peek out my window with my mom to see the beautiful bride walk down the isle and the little "ring master" walk down with the pillow (no whip, no circus stands or lions - hee hee) and even could hear part of the ceremony... pregnancy hormones were true to form and I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.  ;o) 
 
My parents came over today for dinner and my dad & Mike installed the AirConditioning in our room!  Hooray!  Perhaps now I can sleep better and I have a little "refuge" to run to when it gets too hot for a pregnant momma to handle. 
 
Well I better get going so we can get up early and get our school done before the next wedding starts and we have kids ringing the doorbell wondering when Jordan will be out to play!


 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home














free hit counter
God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com