First Day of SCHOOL!!!
Today went GREAT! We managed to stay ON schedule and completed ALL my goals for Jordan and most of everything for Katie. We schooled from 12:30-6pm with a few breaks in between. Jordan zipped along in the 2nd grade work and even did 2 lessons in one subject, he had time to spare in each subject except Math... that was only because he began to dilly-dally.
Katie and I worked on her name, ABC's, numbers, all the basics and some Spanish and ASL. Josh even joined in and was very smitten with the letter "A" and the number "0". He would point to the "A" and excitedly exclaim it's proper name... we shall see if he can remember it tomorrow.
In general (not including Jordan's boxed curriculum) we are studying these this week:
ASL - Red, Apple, Alligator
Spanish - Rojo, Manzana, Caiman, Feliz Ano Nuevo, Cero, Circulo
NewYear's Day
Circle Shape
Letter A
Number 0
We have a bunch of books on Apples & Alligators and then a mixture of basic concept books that we will try to read each day.
Ok, the 2nd day of school is usually a tough one and so I better get ready for bed (it is really 1:54am, but I wanted this post to show up on the correct day and so I changed the time of entry to 11:44pm). :o)
by God's grace,
Alicia




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home