Thursday, August 26, 2004

Busy...

Today I have been in the kitchen for most of the day, I had to make food for the wedding rehearsal tomorrow and the family reunion on Saturday. So, I prepared 120 chocolate chip cookies, 60 plain cookies (made the same as the choc. chip, but without the choc. chips), and 2 - Double batches of macaroni salad. But I'm done and terribly full of chocolate chip cookies. :o)

Last night I did a midnight shopping trip, spent $56 and saved $67! Then I got the crock pot going with a home-made concoction of stuff. Turned out good.

Alicia's crock-pot Chicken:
1 - 16oz. bottle of Italian salad dressing
1 - can cream of mushroom soup
1 - can cream of chicken soup
8oz. of fresh mushrooms cut in big pieces
4 - frozen chicken breasts
8oz. of baby carrots
4 - potatoes cut up

Put all the ingredients in the crock-pot on high for 8-10 hours. You can then shred the chicken and make it a stew/soup or cut the chicken (it is very tender and falls apart easily) up and serve over rice or noodles.

So glad I prepared the crock-pot meal last night, as I did NOT want to cook anything more today.

It looks as though Grandpa & Grandma are going to take Jordan & Katie overnight tomorrow and possibly Saturday night too! They are taking them to the reunion and so I need to go pack up their stuff. I haven't said anything to them yet, if I did there would be NO sleeping here tonight... they would be WAY too excited.

Oh, one more thing... Cheri's post today is VERY convicting... Ouch! But thank you, Cheri, for posting it. :o)

in His grace,
Alicia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home














free hit counter
God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com