The day I thought would never end...
Ok, it was not THAT bad... but, well, let me give you a little glimpse into my day:
- Katie tried to cut her hair
- Katie tried to cut Jordan's hair
- Katie got green ink on the floor
- Katie got green ink on her new shirt
- Katie got green ink on the table
- Katie did not take a nap today, but instead quietly destroyed her room.
- Katie not only took her bedding of her toddler bed, but took the mattress off too and just for fun the pillowcase off her pillow.
- Katie put something plastic on her little lamp and melted it onto the bulb and it reeks in her room of burnt plastic.
- Katie snuck the room air freshener out of the closet and sprayed her room... a LOT of it too.
That was just Katie's part of the chaos and I didn't mention all of it... just some.
I have been looking forward to midnight since about 3pm today when my parents left, the kids became insane and I got a headache.
However... The kids are all in bed and I now have praise & worship music on, candles lit all over and I am getting the place put back in order while eating chocolate chip cookies. :o) All is good and I have hope for tomorrow! "Tomorrow is a NEW day and I will be JOYFUL and we will have a GOOD day!" ;o)
My parents dropped by today with 6 sheets of extra sheetrock they had left over from a recent job, YIPPEE... that means we are 6 sheets closer to finishing the basement. :oD Little by little we are getting stuff done down there.
Oh and while speaking of the basement, let me update you on the fleas. It's still awful, we ran out of time this past weekend to get Buddy to the vet/pet store and find out what else we can do now. So for the time being no playing is allowed downstairs and Buddy is in Lock Down. My parents had about 10 fleas on them (each) after they unloaded the sheetrock.
Sept. 1st at our church the "Predators of the Heart" are coming to our church. Jordan is soooo excited. It is "a gospel presentation using a variety of animals - a bobcat, a snake, an alligator, a snapping turtle, and so on..." We went to the last one and loved it.
Ok, that's enough for now. I'm off to get this place put together again.
in God's grace,
Alicia



1 Comments:
Alicia, I have to ask, is Katie four??? LOL (Read my blog).
I wrote my blog, went to TitusTwo, saw Bonnie had put up links to blogs (and web-sites) clicked on yours, and I just had to laugh when I saw this post.
(My "Katie" is named Sarah... I have freshly painted walls that are trembling when Sarah walks by... I *so* recognize your day!)
Heather
Post a Comment
<< Home