Tuesday, July 01, 2008

27 days until due date...

Well, I have 27 days until my due date and I'm trying really hard not to panic. So any prayers for peace and the labor & delivery would be MOST welcome. :o)

I DID pass my 3-hour glucose test, but due to many other issues I have been told to avoid as much sugar/caffeine as possible. Still trying for 80 grams of protein daily, which at times can be very difficult. This little heat wave we just had (2-3 days of it being between 80-90 degrees) was truly unbearable. My parents came to the rescue with an airconditioner for my bedroom... heavenly!!! I would walk from my livingroom (which was 84 degrees) to my bedroom (which was 63 degrees) and feel tons better.

Mike has been extremely helpful, taking kids to swimming while telling me to nap... making dinner almost every night (before he leaves for work), taking over the grocery shopping when I'm too tired or not feeling well... etc... the list goes on, he is my hero. :o)

My aunt Jayne has stopped by a few times to help me deep clean and begin prepping for baby, as with my parents when they actually had a few hours between helping other friends/family (they are such an inspiration), my mom (bless her heart) has taken the kids a few times now during day care hours... which means with my 4 kiddos she has anywhere from 8-10 kids under her care. She has the patience and the strength of a saint.

I begin seeing my midwife every week now. I have to have my homebirth supplies ready to go by Monday (7/7/08) and then I need to have all the baby supplies ready within a week after that. I do have the bassinet up (but bedding is not ready), the swing is up, I have a bunch of diapers and wipes. I grabbed a bag of baby clothes to go through tonight before bed. I need to have some neutral items ready to go and then a bag of boy and a bag of girl stuff ready to be washed once we find out for sure what we are having.

For those who are curious... here's how the last 4 kiddos went:

Jordan was induced 10 days after his due date (labor was over 24 hours), born at the hospital with all the trimmings minus the c-section (which they threatened).

Kaitlyn was born 4 days late in a free standing birthing center, in THIS room and she was my only water-birth born in the extra large tub. Labor with her was about 7 or 8 hours I think.

Joshua was born 1 day before his due date at home, was the BEST birth ever... about 3 hours and as painless as a birth can be.

Ryan was born on his due date and his was very similar to Katie's birth, I was scared that my midwife wouldn't arrive in time so I became frozen with fear which led to a LOT of pain and a long labor. Once my midwife arrived though I relaxed and had him pretty quickly.

So here we are with the 5th little one about to be due... I wonder when I will begin labor, how it will go, can I remain calm??? If I can remain calm and focused on God, prayer it really the only thing that brings about peace in my labor... then I can have a good birth. If I loose my focus though and freak out, well I will probably be heard throughout my neighborhood and hopefully it won't be in the middle of the night. LOL!

So for those who can, please pray for me and the baby, that we will have a wonderful labor and delivery experience.

Thank you!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home














free hit counter
God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com