Leg Update 9-15-06
Well, I DID have to go back to the “treatment” center (wound care) and have my leg irritated by sharp objects again. It was painful, I acted like a wimp and I whined & complained WAY too much.
They did a culture on it as it was looking “suspicious” and the results showed that I DO have an infection. I am back on antibiotics. The “mean cream” (that stuff that eats away at dead tissue) did a good enough job that I don’t have to have it on THIS week, however it did too good of a job and began to break down my GOOD skin.
I’m trying out some new trial stuff the nurses just got – foam pads instead of gauze or other kinds of pads to cover the wound. I also have a silver laced tissue of sorts (kinda like gauze) that was stuffed into the wound that should help if fight off infections and help it heal faster. I get to “rate” this new “wound care/dressing” and let them know what I think of it. So far it’s pretty cool – I can keep it on for up to 7 days without changing it (weird), I am keeping it on for 3 days at a time as per doctor’s orders.
It hurts worse this week, but I think that is due to the sharp objects and the infection.
Prayers would be appreciated… for the family as well as me. It has been 6 weeks so far and I think it is starting to wear on the family (although they don’t show it).



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home