Sunday, August 06, 2006

The "Accident"...


The "Accident"..., originally uploaded by Joyfulmommy.
***See new updated pics/story here: Flickr.***

K, for all those who saw the actual cut on my flickr account - SO sorry! I didn't mean for the picture to be sent to flickr. I had my hubby take a picture for ME so that once all was said & done I could peek at it later. One ER tech said it looked like a horror movie, another dr. asked me if it was a propeller accident, and a number of hospital staff had to come & see my "owie". Since I briefly saw it on the ferry after it happened, I knew it was bad... but not really HOW bad. I refused to look to keep me from getting nervous.

I tripped on the 3rd stair from the bottom so not a big fall... but there's metal on the ferry boat stairs that sliced my shin to the bone. 8 inches long in fact.

HOWEVER, we were truly blessed - No broken bones, very little blood, this happened on the way HOME - AFTER our lovely and wonderful anniversary weekend, there just "happened" (a total God'incidence) to be 2 ER doctors, an army nurse, and an EMT (along with a few other medical personnel) that were on vacation coming home from Orcas Island. So I was well cared for during the hour long ferry ride.

I removed the picture of my cut as it was VERY graphic... if anyone of you actually WANTS to see it, you can e-mail me.

by God's grace,
Alicia

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

So glad you are home and you are o.k! I bet the kids were happy to see you too :)
Take care!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home














free hit counter
God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com