Sunday, September 26, 2004

School, Fish, etc...

I forgot to mention that we got 2 fish a while back. Jordan named his "Black Spot" as the fish has black spots on it. ;o) He likes to name things that describe the critter... like his stuffed dinosaur that roars is called "Roary", or the dinosaur basket that holds his water bottle in his bed is called "Carrier". Kaitlyn named her fish "Spring". Cute name.

Today was a good day, although I had a visit from my odd neighbor today... she seems very nice, but every time we talk she makes up these really weird stories. Today's story was that everytime my kids go outside to play she can't see me anywhere and has to watch MY children very closely as there are some neighborhood girls who are always hitting Jordan. I told her that was very odd as I haven't seen that myself... nor have I ever seen her outside by my children. This woman has odd hours and is usually gone to work or sleeping when we are outside. Last time she told me that my kids were over begging her for food... um, nope... they were inside the house with me. I had to keep asking her, "Are you sure you mean Jordan & Katie? Because they were inside with me today." Her response was, "Oh they came over and they wanted to eat all the food we were having at our BBQ. They were here all day!" Umm... ok lady... whatever you say. ;o)

I finally took the time to actually type up all the stuff we did today, I won't send this in every day, but just occasionally so you can get a glimpse of what we do in our homeschool:

Saturday, Sept. 25th:
Joshua
Colored a bear BROWN (with brown pens, crayons & pencils)
Listened to a Bear Book: Ten Little Teddy Bears
Learned what a Bear says: Growlll!
Found a Teddy Bear to play/nap with

Books
Ten Little Teddy Bears by ? (no author listed)
Animal Alphabet Stories – B for Bear
High Chair Devotion – God Made My World by Marilyn J. Woody
Another Celebrated Dancing Bear by Gladys Scheffrin-Falk

Jordan's Books he read independently:
Amelia Bedelia and the Baby by Peggy Parish
Oh, Bother! Someone's Messy - Pooh book by Betty Birney
"What is that?" Said the Cat by Grace Maccarone
Zoo Babies by ?Creative Child Press??
Come Back, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish

Kaitlyn’s Worksheets
Kaitlyn’s Name Tracing Worksheet
Bear Coloring Page
Outline of Russia by Enchanted Learning
Polar Bear fact sheet by Enchanted Learning

Jordan’s Worksheets
Addition (grade 1, Learning Page)
Subtraction (grade 2, Learning Page)
LA – Zoo Animals (Learning Page, grade 1)
Odd/Even (grade 1, Learning page)
Time (grade 1, Learning Page, 15 min. increments)
Polar Bear fact sheet by Enchanted Learning
Outline of Russia by Enchanted Learning
Inches, Feet and Yards by Learning Page
Spelling Pre-Test: the, and, a, boy, man, baby, in, is, it of, to, girl, woman, you, that
Spelling Practice: wrote misspelled words 3 times each
2 King Solomon worksheets

Music
Tchaikocsky’s Greatest
Dmitri Hvorostovsky – Russian Folk Songs
Musics of the Soviet Union

Misc.
Found Russia on the world map
King Solomon Movie
King Solomon Coloring sheets

Ok it is really late and I need to go to bed.

By God's grace,
Alicia :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Your schedule and what your cover looks awesome. I'm really got to get more stuff printed out for Daniel to do with us. Elijah, not so much...heh, he's too busy watching Toy Story to bother doing any sort of school stuff. LOL

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home














free hit counter
God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com