Friday, June 18, 2004

“Was this a planned pregnancy?”

This question has always made me unsure of how to answer… you see NONE of my children have been PLANNED. Mike and I never sat down and said, “Hey let’s have a baby boy on December 12th of 1997 and then a miscarriage on March 8th, 1999; and how about another miscarriage on May 6, 1999… then we can have a baby girl on March 14th, 2000; and another boy on March 20th, 2003.”

Yet, each of these “pregnancies”, precious babies… WERE planned, not by Mike and I, but by God. The Bible says that He knows EACH life and the number of their days before any of them were conceived.

God has formed this new life within me and for that I will praise Him.


Some verses to ponder:

“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.” –Psalms 139:13-16

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
And He who formed you from the womb:
"I am the LORD, who makes all things,
Who stretches out the heavens all alone,
Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself. –Isaiah 44:24

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” –Jeremiah 29:11

“A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” –Proverbs 16:9

“There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.” –Proverbs 19:21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home














free hit counter
God's grace is stronger than the pull of sin! www.settingcaptivesfree.com