8 months and Dinosaurs...
Well I can't believe it, but Ryan is 8 months old now. He is perfecting his "walking" around the tables/couches/etc. He can't stand or walk on his own, but he can hold on to something with just a couple fingers for balance (just in case) while lowering himself down to the floor or standing up, and he will turn from the coffee table (again with a couple fingers holding onto the table) and step over to the couch. He has 1 tooth and another one on the way. He likes pears, grapes, apples and bananas. Still nursing about 99% of the time, but occasionally I will put some fruit in his safety feeder and let him chew away at the food.
Jordan finished up his 2nd grade Lifepac curriculum last month and after entering all his quizes/tests he scored A's on all subjects!!!!! Since school isn't officially over until mid-November we are doing a dinosaur unit study called "Jehovah's Giants".
We also added some math pages, language arts and handwriting sheets from the Learning Pages (all with the dino theme). We have a ton of Dino books to read and some movies to watch.
We got to watch the 20 min. Great Dinosaur Mystery online!! Thought I was going to need to buy it, but they allow you to see it on their website! Jordan was thrilled! You can also watch some Creation Seminars over at Dinosaur Adventure Land for free.
We are hoping to end the unit study by visiting the 7 Wonders Museum by Mt. St. Helens.
Jordan started his first night of rehearsals for the Christmas Musical at our church. So far he loves it, I will keep you all updated with how it continues. ;o)
I've held onto this post since the 5th, so I'm just going to send it now even though I wish I could write more. Better little than nothing... right???



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home