Finally... an update!
Well, I will try to give you a quick run down of what has been happening:
Feb. 9th & 10th: resting at home trying to get back to normal.
Feb. 11th: I wake up with a fever of 104.9, call midwife and discover I have mastitis... Mike goes and picks up some homeopathic stuff to try out first before going to the dr.
Ryan has a "baby-well" check up so that we can get the OK from the dr. to get the circumcision scheduled.
My fever goes down during the day and I'm resting, by evening fever is back up to 105... I take more medication and lay down. Mike gets a call at 9pm by the dr. to say that Ryan's labs just got back and his billiruben count is too high and we have to go to the hospital to get photo-therapy. We can't get a hold of midwife and so we follow dr.'s orders.
We drop off Ryan in the Special Care Nursery and I go over to the ER. My fever is down to normal, but my pulse is 150 - they take an EKG, all is well... so they confirm the mastitis and give me antibiotics. Back to the Special Care Nursery I go and they set me up in a private room so that I can try to rest and nurse Ryan every 3 hours. We are told by the night dr. that we should be going home first thing in the morning as Ryan's labs are coming back good and his billiruben levels are dropping.
Feb. 12th: Ryan's levels are below "average" and the some new dr. tells us that we should stay overnight again just to be sure... Mike then informs her (quite respectfully I might add) that his wife is too sick and needs to be home resting, therefore we are going home. :o) My hero! So back home we go.
We get home and discover our son, Jordan, has a fever of 100.1. We give him some homeopathic flu remedy stuff and put him to bed.
Feb. 13th: Jordan wakes up feeling great!
My fever is still bouncing around, but hasn't gone over 103. I can't get out of bed, I can't nurse off the right side anymore - therefore I have to pump every 2 hours.
Feb. 14th: We have put Valentine's Day on hold - we are celebrating it on the 20th. I am still mostly in bed, but fever is gone. Lots of pain still and just in general feeling rotten.
Feb. 15th: I actually get out of bed today and feel decent!!!! However, Josh comes down with a fever of 103. I give him some homeopathic flu remedy stuff and let him sleep with me for a little before putting him back to bed.
Feb. 16th: Ryan has started nursing off the right side again!! I'm feeling good, still red & sore, but nothing like before! Joshua feels great and his fever is gone.
Today was to be the big day for Ryan - circumcision - but "GroupDeath", as some call it, managed to mess up and scheduled him for a day that makes Ryan "too old" to get one done by his regular doctor???? And so we had to reschedule for tomorrow with some other dr. that can do circs on older babies.
So there ya have it. We are finally getting back to normal and hopefully I will get more regular with the updates. :o)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home